Wednesday 12 October 2016

For Anjali

A piece I had written nearly a decade back, dedicated to a young acquaintance at Tezpur. She had taken me to see fireflies in the wilderness surrounding our houses one evening and the delight and wonder in her eyes at this simple event inspired this poem.
Found the old notebook while sifting through my stationary.A little cheesy but still can't disown it, being mine.

Read on.

Flickering stars
Staged their show
Green-gold fireflies
Winked below;
Your smile gleamed silver
At this magical sight,
Your eyes, they twinkled
In a rapture of delight.
Dancing fireflies
Whenever I see,
Memories of that dusk
Rush back to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!

The masked waitress had placed a wooden tray with three little black porcelain bowls: one, the staple green chillies in vin...