Friday 23 February 2018

I am a Poem-Writer.....



I am a poem-writer. Not a Poet. Poets are exalted creatures.
No, I am not a Poet;
Only a plebeian poem-writer.

I am a poem-writer, hooked on words:
Beguiled and bewitched.

I play with words:
-As a child with sea shells and beach sand.
-Like a child with wax crayons and an old exercise book.

I play with words-
Mould, shape and twist them.
Knit, wind and weave them.
And they play little games with me,
Little teasing games:
Gambol around me, here in the rare mountain air,
Surf down when it rains, on these sudden mountain streams.


Who knows who sees......
Who knows who feels........


......but I write. Still.
In spite of.


And writing, I dream. Day dream-
Of 
my words upon your breast : hard-bound, upturned
dream-
Of my words’ wake
Humming you to sleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!

The masked waitress had placed a wooden tray with three little black porcelain bowls: one, the staple green chillies in vin...