Tuesday 24 April 2018

Doodling in Delhi....

Nearly three long weeks loomed before me. In this hot, hot month of April, when oven fresh blasts of Loo winds rage in blowsy gusts all afternoon, shopping was well out of question. I had nearly finished all of Pupun's books ( Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Monkey See Monkey Do, amongst others)  and had nothing, absolutely nothing to do. Delhi was promising to be deadly boring.

Pupun is the young gentleman, a whole decade and some more old, whose room we have usurped for the next fortnight or so. Pupun is an amiable but busy young man, and his day is full of exciting things like guitar and drawing classes interspersed with more mundane activities like home work and evening cycling. He is fond of Art and his little brown desk is chock full of art supplies: coloured pencil, crayons, poster paints, brushes and hordes of drawing books. The latter are full of colourful rendition of characters from Pokemon decorated with fantastic names like Gardevoir and Luxray and Roserade. He has recently learnt 'pencil shading' and demonstrated his newly acquired skills with a picture of Tintin and his dog Snowy for me.

Seeing him draw and tempted by his humongous collection of Art supplies, I took up a pencil to draw, after a gap of nearly thirty years. At first I was hesitant, pretty sure my attempts would come to naught, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the results. They were definitely not bad, not bad at all. Perhaps it's like cycling, which you never really forget, however long the gap has been.

I'm posting  five of my drawings today, mainly because if I put them on the blog, the chances of their getting lost is minimal.

No 1. This is : 'Day Lily, Pencil on Torn Page from Exercise Book'
The work could have been smoother but considering it is my first, do forgive.

No 2. I got my hands on Master Pupun's coloured pencils and scribbled out some irises, one of my favourite flowers. This one's ' Two Flowers and Bud, Coloured Pencil on Drawing Sheet'. The only little glitch in this piece is that proportion has gone for a six here with the bud becoming larger than the flowers. But the shading is not bad.
No 3. A scenery, a firmly favourite topic of my childhood. This one is 'A Bridge and Calming Water, Watercolour on Drawing Sheet'. Again, the water colour is Pupun's. Of course.😂

No 4. 'The Tulip, Coloured Pencil on Paper'
A little lopsided, I agree but it's drawn from a photograph of a real tulip.

No 5. Hotchpotch media, oil crayons, coloured pencil, poster paint, sketch pen and 4B pencil on paper.
My favourite, titled:
"Aibee, Mimie and the Moon"
PS: Do let me know , kaisa Laga,😄!

2 comments:

  1. The best bff and the moon. Looking forward to many more 💞

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved them all .... Specially the irises.. even the bud 😊

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!

The masked waitress had placed a wooden tray with three little black porcelain bowls: one, the staple green chillies in vin...