Sunday 29 April 2018

Doodling in Delhi 2

The mercury continues to rise in the Capital but fortunately it hasn't deterred my love affair with colours in any way. I am posting two more of my works (referring to them as 'works' sounds pompous doesn't it !?!?!😝).
Both are of the woman, a subject that is versatile and intriguing, full of the mysterious allure of the feminine entity which even I am not truly able to fathom, in spite of being one myself.


 No 1. I call this the 'Girl and Green Water'. I copied it from a Google image. I began it as an oil pastel but then realised the transparency of the water and the reflections in it can only be brought out in watercolor. So I switched, but at some places where the pastel is thick, the watercolour could not be taken up by the paper. Still, the end result is not that bad.



No 2. 'The Scarlet Woman.' This is again copied, from a painting on YouTube. Since the original was acrylic on canvas, I was finding it difficult to reproduce the shimmer and texture of that media in watercolor on paper as it tends to become muddy if your paper is not specially made for watercolour. However I persisted, self - learning a few interesting techniques on the way and here is the final product. The Scarlet Woman is voluptuous, sensuous, supremely confident and can't care less of what you think of her in-your-face feminity. And I love her for it.

The
No 3 Earth Mother
I was searching for works of masters and found this one by a woman painter called Martina Shapiro. She appeared to be influenced by Cubism and Picasso. I loved the vibrant throbbing colours of her canvas but couldn't quite reproduce the same. Still this one turned out ok though I have yet to master the technique to retain brightness in water colour. I've called her Earth Mother.



PS
Master Pupun continues to be generous both with his Art supplies and his encouragement. In fact, the moment I open the door on his return from school, his first question is, Aibee Aunty what did you draw today?

I have bought a host of art supplies myself now anf hope my love affair with this media will continue once I return back to the hills.

In the meantime, be sweet and leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!

The masked waitress had placed a wooden tray with three little black porcelain bowls: one, the staple green chillies in vin...