Sunday 23 June 2019

ONSRA: FIVE LOVE POEMS

I
An Invitation? A Reminder?

One day you will die. And one day I will too.
So?
Nothing. Just saying. Because that is why it doesn't matter too much if just for once, we drank the wine. And let the ruby red stain our lips and our hearts.



II
Worship


Each dusk I leave an offering at your shrine: flowers, incense and a bit of poetry.
Next dusk, my heart sighs:
My flowers are wilted, the incense is fallen ash and my words have gathered only dust .
And you, oh you still stand.
The Inscrutable.

III
A Surprise Gift



What can you give me, (if you wanted to)?
What would I want from you?
A few words that smile. That would be enough.
That would be wonderful.


IV
This Too is Love You Know

This too is love, you know,
This knowing you by heart;
The ravines on your face:
Light and Shade, in my art.



V
Going Away, Letting Go

I'm going away, letting go.
Why cling,like a clod of moss covered mud on your wall- ugly, needless:
So I'm going away and letting go.

My road is ok, smooth in parts, rough in others, up and down; few yellowing leaves, fallen jacaranda flowers, the gray peak with snow far ahead and a thick cold in the air.

Tried, still couldn't help turn back: caught you smiling in your cocoon of warm russet glow- so many around you...
And your smile, oh, your smile!!!!!

So it's good that I am going away and letting go.
The road's quiet but there's a faint rattle from my bag:
words knocking against words, words now loose, from my old broken verse.

2 comments:

  1. Keep those words flowing....the simplicity of the words that you string and the strength of emotions that they possess....nice....kachhe dhaagon ki bunaii badi bareek hai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mam..And I just was mesmerised ..Again..😄😄

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!

The masked waitress had placed a wooden tray with three little black porcelain bowls: one, the staple green chillies in vin...