Friday 2 December 2016

Love Letter of A Timid Peacenik

What if I wanted to write that Love Letter,
The One-That-Must-Never-Be-Written?
Allow me to write it still.
Promise, I'll fence it in barbed wires:
-Movement sensors, night vision cameras, concertina coils.....!
Even a word will not sneak across.
Let me write it, please!

There'd be much to do before I begin:
Retrieve my rebel words
From their hiding places;
Bring them all back together-
From monsoon clouds, from dust atoms, from floating silk cotton seeds-
Weave them, thought and feeling-
Warp and weft.

That done, a dilemma would remain:
What it is that I should write?
(Never written one before, you see!)
My Love's such a nervous thing:
-Trembling dewdrop, fading rainbow, melting snowflake,
-Not one to take the first step,
-Petrified:what if you said 'No!'

But then, there's this one thing-
That beyond the firewall in your eyes
Very real and live, I've seen:
There, beyond the jingoism, the 'rhetoric'ism, the unshakeable egoism,
From times much before the God-Creators
And the Map-Makers,
This thing that endures, soulmate-like.

So heartened, I'll write my Love Letter,
The One-That-Must-Never-Be-Written;
Don't fret, I'll fence it safe
Within un-breach-able walls:
Where under raging suns, thawing snows and blowing winds,
Be assured, it'll unsung fade;
And no one shall know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!

The masked waitress had placed a wooden tray with three little black porcelain bowls: one, the staple green chillies in vin...