Sunday 25 October 2020

The Listener

 

Add caption


The Listener

 

I’m a Listener.

People give me the tinkle when they’re short of lent ears. Or have run out of them. 

No prior appointment, no booking; no advance payment:I’m all ears, notwithstanding.

There is never need to hesitate: I’m respectfully, empathically attentive, by default.

I listen without interruption, interject with compassion, intersperse with soothing benediction.

An anguish bothering you?

A sadness cloying you?

A doubt clouding your mind?

No fret: send word for the Listener.

I will give you top class listening: silent, soothing, uplifting; I will empty the air around so that you can vent to your angst’s content; I will arrange my countenance to suit your want: pity, reassurance, support, disbelief, shock…whatever……

It’s a 100 % guaranteed genuine-feeling professional listening…..No questions asked, no judgement passed, always gratis.

💛🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺💛

At night, the Moon climbs down the late night sky and dangles her beams from atop the bottle brush tree.

The world sleeps.

 I sit on the rusted swing and talk to my heart’s content.

To the Moon who is my Listener.

1 comment:

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!

The masked waitress had placed a wooden tray with three little black porcelain bowls: one, the staple green chillies in vin...